article thumbnail

This Weekend

Startup Lessons Learned

The next couple of days are going to be amazing, as the Lean Startup community converges on San Francisco. If you're in town Saturday night, you'll want to stop by Ignite: Lean Startup , a community-run event that features a number of new voices in the Lean Startup community. Co-founder, Backblaze. Founder, BlueSpark.

article thumbnail

21 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Name

Hearpreneur

My name is Amanda Goldman-Petri and I’m founder of the famous online brand Market Like A Nerd. After polling my community, the feedback was positive, so I made the switch and I’m very happy that I did. I’m Shelia and the founder of EliteFitz, a travel inspired women’s boutique. 6 – Family Saying.

Naming 65
article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #11: Jeremy Howard on the power of masks, health policy, and data science in medicine

Startup Lessons Learned

I chair a medical data research lab called WAMRI, and probably best known as the co-founder of fast.ai, although increasingly finding myself known, surprisingly enough to me, as the co-founder of this thing called #Masks4All. Before that I was an equal partner in Kaggle, which is a popular data science competition community.