article thumbnail

How to Write a Business Plan for an Outpatient Medical Practice

Up and Running

Revisit and update it regularly by comparing your forecasts to your actuals and adjusting as necessary. Here’s a brief example: The problem : There is a lack of affordable pediatric and gynecological care available in coastal areas of Lane County, Oregon. Use it as a tool, especially around your financials.

article thumbnail

Can’t Decide What Business to Start? No Problem, We’ll Tell You

Up and Running

I have to admit, I’m interested in seeing restaurants offer more vegetarian options, and I’m really hoping Neurogastronomy comes to Eugene, Oregon! If you’re serious about your research, also be sure to have a look at the “What’s Hot Culinary Forecast” compiled by the National Restaurant Association. See Also What Is a SWOT Analysis?

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How to Do Cannabis Cultivation Business Planning for Growth

Up and Running

If your business is in a competitive state like Oregon or Colorado, plan for low-cost grow operations to achieve the best quality with the funds you will be able to raise. Set realistic goals and expectations, especially in your sales forecasts. Lower your sales forecast numbers. Additionally, pH must be leveled.

article thumbnail

How to Grow Your Business by Setting Goals [Webinar]

Up and Running

There’s a difference between gut feeling about something and then a belief based on experience and knowledge and just being part of the business community. Don’t set a sales goal or a sales forecast with a hundred line items in there. The latter, the business seasoning, is good as long as it is supported with data. What’s realistic?

article thumbnail

How to Start a Brewery: Growing Your Own Craft Beer Business

Up and Running

Building relationships with vendors and the local community. About the plan: Located in Medford, Oregon, Martin Cove Brewing Company has been a successful microbrewery for the past three years. With this money, they plan to expand its distribution to selected metro areas within the state of Oregon. Finding a brewery location.

Oregon 24
article thumbnail

Episode 10: How to Pitch Your Business, and Brand Storytelling with Park Howell | The Bcast

Up and Running

I always ask people, brands of all sizes, to start with your own authentic personal story, why are you in this business and what do you hope to attain, what do you bring to this world that levels up your community and customers? They come from very much the creative community. Park: Hey anything can happen in Eugene, Oregon.

article thumbnail

Episode 7: Changing Plans, Niche Marketing, and the Internet of Things (IoT) | The Bcast

Up and Running

Then we really need to recommend that you are looking at something more holistic, more plan oriented and that does let you take advantage of some of both the lean planning philosophy and the idea of having something that you can use as a touchstone over time like a financial plan, a financial forecast, that kind of thing in place.