article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Reveal Their Favorite Business or Entrepreneur Turnaround Story

Hearpreneur

The company didn’t turn a profit until 2003, but by 2005 business was booming – Netflix was shipping out a million DVDs daily. Over the years, despite massive losses, Netflix was able to bounce back and improve its revenue by 47%. GM was first a holding company when it was established in 1908 by William C.

article thumbnail

Entrepreneurs are Everywhere Show No. 20: Nayeem Hussain and Will Zell

Steve Blank

Prior to founding Keen Home , Nayeem Hussain spent his career focusing on M&A, corporate development/strategy, and financial analysist, first at Prudential Financial and then at Loral Space & Communications. Will : … I want to focus on impacting my community and region as much as I possibly can. Will : Absolutely.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How Finding Your Purpose Can Build Your Business

YoungUpstarts

By implementing this objective through your company’s offering, you can add value to the community and establish the service your company provides the public. My company is an intellectual property holding company, but it ultimately aims to accelerate and regulate the utilization of regenerative technology.

article thumbnail

21 Entrepreneurs Reveal Their Favorite Business or Entrepreneur Turnaround Story

Hearpreneur

It was originally a holding company founded by William C. They're also dedicated to giving back to the community and their employees, who each receive three pints of ice cream per day. According to Statista, the company generated more than $863.1 billion in revenue annually. Photo Credit: Ryan Jeffords.

article thumbnail

How to Start a Luxury Day Spa

Up and Running

spa industry recorded more than 160 million visits, an increase of almost 16 percent from the previous year, with total revenues of $12.8 By 2013, the number of annual spa visits had increased to 164 million, with total revenues of $14.7 They will have insights into the community as well as emerging trends that you may not be aware of.

article thumbnail

30 Machine Intelligence Startups to Watch in Israel

VC Cafe

The company emerged from stealth in November 2016 and announced a $100 million investment round from Sir Ronald Cohen, Lloyd Dorfman, OCAPAC Holding Company, and Horizons Ventures. The company has just announced its $22M series C in December 2016. Raised $8M in series B in September 2016.

article thumbnail

26 Entrepreneurs Reveal The Leaders They Look Up To

Hearpreneur

I am a huge fan of Charlie Munger, who is the Vice Chairman of the famed holding company Berkshire Hathaway. Not to mention, he stands behind Drift’s spectacular success (during his tenure, the company grew from $0 to eight-figures in revenue). Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community. 9- Charlie Munger.

Jordan 120