article thumbnail

15 Female Entrepreneurs Share What Changes They Would Most Like to See in Their Industry

Hearpreneur

I am a session singer and producer, and I wish clients and peers would give me more of an opportunity to work in the technical side of the business (such as mixing and editing). Successful women in the investment community need to be on the lookout for them and support them by funding, giving access to resources or simple advising.

article thumbnail

How Universities Can Help Students and Alumni Work in the Tech Industry

David Teten

Along with some friends from Yale (my alma mater), I recently brainstormed some ideas to accelerate a university’s campus tech community. I’ve listed the most common levers that universities use below, with some live examples from Yale: Strong technical departments : Computer Science , Math , Physics. Companies in certain sectors (e.g.,

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Should You Share Equity with Consultants?

www.inc.com

Join our community. Advisor. ); STARTUP. Intellectual Property. Chip Morse , cofounder and partner with Morse, Barnes-Brown & Pendleton P.C., ); Login or signup. Welcome | Logout. Login using: Use your Inc.com account: Forgot login ? Forgot login ? Create an Inc.com account: Subscribe to Inc.coms Free Newsletters.

article thumbnail

The Ultimate Inventor’s Guide to Inventing Things

Up and Running

Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) is a great resource to help you learn more about intellectual property. Blackbox cofounder Bjoern Lasse Herrmann says, “Too many startups start building first without talking to customers. They even have a community and a marketplace. Patent Search.

article thumbnail

Startup Tools

steveblank.com

Blogs (VC): Antonio Rodriguez [link] – A very technical VC at Matrix partners who can actually code. I’d like to add [link] as a community for founders. Very easy to use and share. I am not associated with the company. Reply Dave Jafari , on April 10, 2011 at 10:11 am said: Great list Steve.