article thumbnail

The Care And Feeding Of A Startup

YoungUpstarts

By comparison, Brian Morgan, who founded Adventure Life , from Missoula, Montana, started in 1998 with 16 employees and a decade later was earning $11 million after an initial investment capital of $3,000 spent on a laptop and two brochures. Participate in community events to expose people to your business.

Cofounder 100
article thumbnail

The 22 Best Blogs to Help Grow Your Business (That You May Not Be Reading)

Up and Running

Pete Sveen is an entrepreneur in Montana. EntreLeadership is a community of respected thought-leaders and first-timers working together to help each other succeed. Yet, if you look in the right places, you’ll find communities of people doing some serious good for (and with) each other. ThinkEntrepreneurship | Pete Sveen.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Reveal How They Came Up With Their Business Name

Hearpreneur

3- After the special feature of our community. Our business name was an easy decision: we named it Headframe Spirits after a really special feature of our Community. Butte, Montana was a copper mining town. I started a digital magazine dedicated to the accounts of mental health and diverse communities.

Naming 93
article thumbnail

The Venture Capital Secret: 3 Out of 4 Start-Ups Fail

online.wsj.com

INTERNET BUSINESSES. General Internet. - Computer And Internet. Internet Services. Journal Community. . - Passenger Transportation. - Pet Care & Grooming. Social Services. Storage & Warehousing. Travel Agencies. Business Services (B2B). Consumer Services (B2C). Domain Name/Basic Site. ISP/ASP Services.

article thumbnail

52 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

I wondered what it would be like if the companies that purchased the coffee paid fair wages for the product and engaged in the developmental issues of importance in those communities. And being from Montana, I also wanted a belt that could transition to all of my active lifestyle endeavors. 30 – Pinnacle of My Life’s Work.

article thumbnail

37 Entrepreneurs Share Their Favorite Inspirational Business Quote

Hearpreneur

When you love what you do, love the assistance you are providing people, and love the positive impact you are making on your community, you are destined to do an amazing job on behalf of your clients. I want everyone who walks into my desk to know I truly love what I do and the result of that is going to be great work.

article thumbnail

Venture Capital in the Rockies Winter 2010 Unveils Promising Growth Companies Ahead of Conference

VC Adventure

The VCIR Winter 2010 conference will be held at the Park Hyatt in Beaver Creek, Colorado, February 23-25, showcasing early-growth companies from Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah, and Wyoming. More information can be found at www.vcirwinter.com.