article thumbnail

30 Compelling Reasons to Start a Business

Up and Running

As an entrepreneur, you’ll learn what kind of work you enjoy and start to understand how you can make a difference in your community,” he says. Reason #7: Fill a void in the community. The community and the public response have been phenomenal.” Reason #24: The internet offers more sales possibilities.

Cofounder 165
article thumbnail

The Venture Capital Secret: 3 Out of 4 Start-Ups Fail

online.wsj.com

INTERNET BUSINESSES. General Internet. - West Virginia. Computer And Internet. West Virginia. Internet Services. Journal Community. . - Passenger Transportation. - Pet Care & Grooming. Social Services. Storage & Warehousing. Travel Agencies. Business Services (B2B). Software. -

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

12 Questions: Meet Maximilian (USA)

crowdSPRING Blog

In our 12 Questions blog series, we feature interviews with someone from the crowdSPRING community. For these interviews, we pick people who add value to our community – in the blog, in the forums, in the projects. Plainly – activities that make crowdSPRING a better community. I feel naked without the internet.

article thumbnail

The Coming Bits and Atoms Disruption

Andrew Payne

I’ve written recently about the entrepreneurial lottery , and the long odds for many pure-software Internet/consumer/mobile projects. Instead, I’ve been working on “bits and atoms”, or as I think about it: the intersection of mechanical design/fabrication with the Internet ecosystem and Moore’s Law advances.

article thumbnail

Top Social Media Measurement and Tracking Tools

www.foliomag.com

MediaPRO Community. Thanks for being part of the FOLIO: community. Web/Internet/IT/eMedia. Marketing/Communications/PR. Internet/Online Only. Internet/Digital Media. West Virginia. West Virginia. ); E-Mail Alert Sign-Up. --> Subscribe Now. --> Media Kit. --> About FOLIO.

article thumbnail

There are Right and Wrong Ways to Add Amazon to NYC

This is going to be BIG.

It bothers me, for example, when condo builders get tax incentives to build luxury condos in NYC when it’s pretty clear you can still make plenty of money without them—and it’s not like they would pick up and start building condos in West Virginia if they got better tax treatment.