article thumbnail

10 Entertaining Things to Check out While You’re Waiting in Line Today

Up and Running

The New York Times also reported just two months ago that violent crime has drastically dropped in the United States in the past 20 years. And of course, supporting the your local community and local economy really is something worth doing. Women can now be attorneys in Saudi Arabia.

article thumbnail

How Israel and the Arab World Connect Through Technology

David Teten

Back in early 2017, I worked with ABANA (network of financial professionals with ties to the Middle East/North Africa); Harvard Arab Alumni Association ; and Harvard Business School Alumni Angels of NY (which I founded) to launch an annual Tech Summit in New York focused on the Middle East/North Africa region (“MENA”). Takwin Labs.

UAE 60
article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #16: Robert Schooley on why we weren't prepared, long-term thinking, and how to make decisions for the greater good.

Startup Lessons Learned

The overall number of new cases in the US had been decreasing. New York, New Jersey, beginning to really see the epidemic in the rear view mirror, and things are still looking reasonably good there. And I was training in East Baltimore at the time and most of my patients were intercity members of the Baltimore community.