article thumbnail

28 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

We asked some entrepreneurs and business owners, why they started their businesses: #1- To build a community. I wanted to be a part of a community of consultants that would provide me with the opportunity to build relationships with other practitioners, share lessons learned, and periodically collaborate. Photo Credit: Will Bachman.

article thumbnail

What is Sweat Equity Worth?

www.entrepreneur.com

Answers Ask Entrepreneur Home Business Operations Business Opportunities Sales & Marketing Advertising & PR Finance & Accounting Franchises Home Business Human Resources Internet/E-Commerce Legal Issues Starting Up Technology Most Recent Answers How Can I Streamline My E-Commerce Operation? Coming soon to Dallas, Boston and Philadelphia.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Transcript of How National Companies Can Infiltrate Local Markets

Duct Tape Marketing

John Jantsch: For national companies trying to infiltrate the local market the community organizations may be the best and last frontier. For them it’s often because they’re getting people coming to them, they don’t see the whole big picture of the community. Megan: Sure, yeah well we’re getting there.

article thumbnail

How to Build a Startup Team

techcocktail.com

Tech Cocktail Connecting, educating and amplifying the startup technology community and having fun doing it since 2006. Make sure someone is thinking about overarching plans around PR, marketing and sales and spends time crafting the right messages, understanding audiences and figuring out distribution channels.

article thumbnail

How to Become Your Own Boss in 2015 (Webinar Recap)

Up and Running

I live in Philadelphia, we have an amazing Score chapter here, so you want to seek out someone to help you to just … Sometimes you just need somebody to help you think through things and I have found that the Score chapters around the country are amazing resources. I want you to know that business plans are living, breathing documents.