Remove Aggregator Remove Community Remove Management Remove Syndication
article thumbnail

VCs eating our own dog food: Using technology and analytics to make better investments

David Teten

However, in private markets, there is more room to optimize across all 11 steps of the investing process: firm management , marketing, fundraising , origination , manage relationships, due diligence, negotiation, monitoring, portfolio acceleration , reporting, and. 1) Manage the firm . This is harder than it sounds.

article thumbnail

How Private Equity and Venture Capital Investors Are Eating Their Own Dogfood

David Teten

My colleagues Sebastian Soler , Steven Greenberg and I recently launched a new online community, PEVCTech.com , exclusively for PE/VC investors; engineers who work at PE/VC funds; and other technologists who specialize in working on this problem. 4) Manage deal flow. Pitchbot.vc 3) Originate investments. She is a model for us all!

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Asset Management Is A Bizarre Industry Ripe For Disruption

David Teten

Asset management also shows the traditional earmarks of an industry ripe for disruption — most obviously, unhappy customers and extremely profitable incumbents. Despite this, it’s hard to think of good examples of disruption to asset management in the classic, Clay Christensen sense.

article thumbnail

16 PR Strategies Every Small Business Should Stop Using Right Now

Up and Running

Stop spending money on aggregation services that, at best, syndicate your content without driving any real eyeballs. – Firas Kittaneh , Amerisleep. First, it helps to have a mix of occasional, high-impact coverage, as well as having saturated coverage in more niche communities. Content for Link-Sharing.

PR 145
article thumbnail

ProfessorVC: Touched by an Angel

Professor VC

I think the title of this post is a TV show, but fitting as there has been much debate in the venture community as to the whether angel investors are good or bad for entrepreneurs and VCs. One of my comments was that we would likely see more institutionalization of angel groups and syndication of deals among groups.

article thumbnail

Why I’m Doubling Down on the Twitter Ecosystem

Both Sides of the Table

Our goal is to make the enormous volume of real-time information more manageable for the 99% of companies that lack the infrastructure to process these volumes in real time. Think of DataSift as turning the fire-hose into a cost-effective and manageable tap of running water. It is an awesome example of the power of implicit data.

Viral 307
article thumbnail

Top 30 Startup Posts for July 2010

SoCal CTO

The collapse of the IPO market and dysfunctional math in the venture capital community has stacked the odds against you. That’s @MeganBerry to you, blogger and social media expert, marketing manager of Klout.com. The process is called mass syndication, or a party round. Here’s why. Take a look at the chart below. Not so bad.