article thumbnail

5 Free Platforms Entrepreneurs Should Be Using To Manage And Streamline Their Business

YoungUpstarts

No creative limits, no coding – just complete freedom to express yourself and manage your entire business online. Best way to manage your social media – Hootsuite. Hootsuite is a great resource for the budding entrepreneur or new business. Use Wave for your accounting and payroll.

article thumbnail

How to Scale a Venture Capital (or Private Equity) Fund

David Teten

Managers of VC funds typically want to grow their business aggressively, just like the founders we back. – Encourage founders to turn to other founders and their broader community as resources, not just the VC’s own staff. – Syndicate Special Purpose Vehicles (“SPVs”) for specific opportunities.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How VCs Structure a Syndicate and Recruit Coinvestors

David Teten

They don’t automatically invest just because we invested; they usually move more slowly than the company’s management team wants. . Although EquityZen is primarily an online marketplace for secondary shares in private companies, they also offer syndicated primary investments. Market Insight. Alpha pursues a similar model.

article thumbnail

This Week in VC with Dana Settle of Greycroft Partners

Both Sides of the Table

Platform that provides radio music programming via crowd sourced contributions from social community; programming is syndicated nationally. Tested platform on San Francisco’s Live 105; then scaled out for national syndication with positive audience uplift. Read more: VentureWire (requires login) , SF Business Times.

Partner 240
article thumbnail

20 Entrepreneurs Reveal The Entrepreneurs They Consider to be Successful

Hearpreneur

As stated in Entrepreneurship that entrepreneurs must actively manage the relationship between risk and reward in their businesses. Today she is the ex-host of one of the most successful syndicated television shows in history (The Oprah Winfrey Show), a producer and actress in her own television specials, a philanthropist, and an author.

article thumbnail

Flexible VC, a New Model for Companies Targeting Profitability

David Teten

His work on VC and small communities can be found at greatercolorado.vc/blog. As two fund managers employing Flexible VC, we think it is a healthy addition to the ecosystem and will yield more predictable and stable healthy returns for investors. Their only option is to work with management to try to fix the problems.

article thumbnail

An Investor’s Personal Social Media Tech Stack: In the future, everyone will be famous for 15 followers

David Teten

PEVCTech.com , a community for investors and technologists responsible for investing in private companies, primarily at private equity and venture capital funds. Mailchimp.com **, to manage my mailing lists, which people join by registering on Teten.com or PEVCTech.com. Google My Business , which helps me manage my Google presence. .