Remove America Remove Community Remove Cost Remove Fractional CTO
article thumbnail

FinTech Innovation Lab Launch Event – June 2, 2011

David Teten

It attracted a very high quality crowd of senior executives from major investment banks and members of the innovation community — two groups that don’t normally mingle. My rough notes follow: Mike Dubno , CIO, Global Markets and Research Technology & Operations, Bank of America. Previously CTO, Goldman Sachs.

article thumbnail

Amazon Redshift Too Slow or Crashing? BlazingDB Performs

Austin Startup

Massive Scale with Unprecedented Speed BlazingDB offers a massively distributed, “cloud first”, high performance SQL database that achieves performance gains on the largest workloads and datasets at extraordinarily competitive costs. These are multi-Terabyte data loads, crunched by the Fortune 100.

Peru 58
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Monday night: HBS Angels of NY Investor Meeting and Company Presentations

David Teten

Co-Founders Jeff Fernandez, Surag Mungekar, and Nick Narodny are CEO, CTO, and Chief Content Officer, respectively. IvyDate is a highly private, matching based community which does not place member information in a browsable database. Yet, there isn’t one place for credible Internet education and training.

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #27: Eren Bali of Carbon Health on public health, COVID vaccinations, and working as a unified society to solve problems

Startup Lessons Learned

A provider of low-cost health clinics across the country, Carbon Health was also on the frontlines when the COVID pandemic hit--and even understood what was coming long before most people in the U.S. Carbon Health is a provider of low-cost health clinics across the country. This is Out of The Crisis.

article thumbnail

How to hire a programmer to make your ideas happen

sivers.org

Youll stop and communicate at each, making sure youre happy before continuing. Youll estimate time and cost better. I also know someone else who consulted me about his website idea. Thinking of your project in milestones makes all the difference. Misunderstandings cant run on too long. in a short period of time.

article thumbnail

CEO Friday: Why we don’t hire.NET programmers

blog.expensify.com

Do a curl (or your.NET equivalent) on each domain, and see how many are running a Windows server: I think you’ll find the fraction very small. But I’ve seen some recent comments that this post might have upset and offended the SMB community that we serve, and that I cannot abide. For that, I’m truly sorry.

Java 107
article thumbnail

Startup Lessons for the Proto-Founder

www.metamorphblog.com

Thus, the opportunity cost of joining your half-baked venture is dramatically lower than it is for legit professionals. Tiny, contracting market. You can call up America’s leading legal luminaries and get an hour of their time for free, every time. But I pitched smart people…and dumb people––and learned from both.

Founder 51