Remove Angel Groups Remove Community Remove Entrepreneur Remove Syndication
article thumbnail

A Visit With the European Startup Community

Gust

The goal was to share our experiences in the realm of angel investing with an array of global audiences, by participating in various lectures, discussions and workshops. In all four countries we met passionate entrepreneurs who were eager to discuss their exciting startups, as well as angel investors looking to support them.

Community 121
article thumbnail

Angel Bootcamp, The Blog Post: A Primer on Angel Investing

View from Seed

A little under a year ago, we hosted an event called Angel Bootcamp that was a primer for folks thinking about getting into angel investing. It was really helpful for the community, and it is something we’ll probably do again, although not every year. A Primer on Angel Investing. Why Invest? Investment Strategy.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Angel Bootcamp, The Blog Post: A Primer on Angel Investing

View from Seed

A little under a year ago, we hosted an event called Angel Bootcamp that was a primer for folks thinking about getting into angel investing. It was really helpful for the community, and it is something we’ll probably do again, although not every year. A Primer on Angel Investing. Why Invest? Investment Strategy.

article thumbnail

How VCs Structure a Syndicate and Recruit Coinvestors

David Teten

Although EquityZen is primarily an online marketplace for secondary shares in private companies, they also offer syndicated primary investments. This is primarily an advantage for the underlying investor in the company, not the VC leading the syndicate. . Market Insight. Alpha pursues a similar model.

article thumbnail

Where are the Deals? How VCs Identify the Next Generation of Startups

David Teten

Annual Deal Pipeline for Selected VCs and Angel Investor Groups. Angel groups using Gust. Other private equity firms have created a formal advisor network to augment their in-house origination teams, including 3i’s Business Leaders Network and Goldman Sachs Special Situations Group’s Chambers Street Executive Network.

article thumbnail

HBS Alumni Angels NY new chairman: Jason Klein

David Teten

In December 2010, Richard Kane, then-President, Harvard Business School Club of New York , asked me if I’d like to found an HBS alumni-affiliated angel group in NY. Since then, we have grown to be the 2nd largest angel group in NY, with 130 members (vs. about 150 for Golden Seeds in New York, the largest group).

New York 114
article thumbnail

VCs eating our own dog food: Using technology and analytics to make better investments

David Teten

To learn more about this space, I suggest join an online community I co-founded, PEVCTech. . Small investment firms often have interns and entrepreneurs in residence passing through, each of which is a security risk. A major angel group uses Influitive , an advocate management tool, to track, activate and motivate their members.