Remove Angel Groups Remove Community Remove Partner Remove Social Network
article thumbnail

How Universities Can Help Students and Alumni Work in the Tech Industry

David Teten

My former Partner John Frankel of ff Venture Capital observes that 20 years ago, the defining movie of the generation was “Wall Street”. But now, the defining movie of today’s twentysomethings is “The Social Network”. Marketing of tech community : Yale Tech News , Yale Entrepreneurship Magazine. “CEO is the new Analyst.”.

article thumbnail

How Private Equity and Venture Capital Investors Are Eating Their Own Dogfood

David Teten

My colleagues Sebastian Soler , Steven Greenberg and I recently launched a new online community, PEVCTech.com , exclusively for PE/VC investors; engineers who work at PE/VC funds; and other technologists who specialize in working on this problem. Greylock Partners. You can register for the survey here. VC Firm. $ Tech % of workforce.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Entrepreneurs Due Diligence on Investors Is Smart

Startup Professionals Musings

Particularly if you are desperate, keep in mind the person who finds a good-looking partner to take home from the bar at closing time, but then wakes up in the morning wondering “What did I just do?” Due diligence on an investor is where you validate the track record, operating style, and motivation of your new potential partner.

article thumbnail

Five Easy Steps to Investor Reverse Due Diligence

Startup Professionals Musings

Particularly if you are desperate, keep in mind the person who finds a good-looking partner to take home from the bar at closing time, but then wakes up in the morning wondering “What did I just do?” Due diligence on an investor is where you validate the track record, operating style, and motivation of your new potential partner.

article thumbnail

Entrepreneurs: Due Diligence on Investors is Smart

Gust

Consider the person who finds a good-looking partner to take home from the bar at closing time, but then wakes up in the morning wondering “What did I just do?” Due diligence on an investor is where you validate the track record, operating style, and motivation of your new potential partner. Talk to other investors.

article thumbnail

ProfessorVC: Touched by an Angel

Professor VC

I think the title of this post is a TV show, but fitting as there has been much debate in the venture community as to the whether angel investors are good or bad for entrepreneurs and VCs. What would the VC corollary to Touched by an Angel, be. Labels: angel groups , valuation. See you next time. Steve Bennet.

article thumbnail

VCs eating our own dog food: Using technology and analytics to make better investments

David Teten

But, most of use raise capital and source deals the same way people looked for dates 20 years ago: by networking at conferences (or bars). . But in business, you want a lot of partners. To learn more about this space, I suggest join an online community I co-founded, PEVCTech. . Most of us want one spouse and we’re done.