Remove Angel Groups Remove Community Remove Partner Remove Syndication
article thumbnail

A Visit With the European Startup Community

Gust

On Wednesday, April 18th, I gave a keynote speech on US Startup Valuation Trends for the 1st Irish Angel Meetup. Two hundred angels, entrepreneurs and members of the startup community attended this inaugural event. It was organized by Diane Roberts of Xcell Partners and held at the StartupBaseCamp accelerator in Dublin.

Community 121
article thumbnail

How VCs Structure a Syndicate and Recruit Coinvestors

David Teten

First, a formal definition: According to Capital Dynamics , “Co-investments are direct investments in a company made alongside and on the same terms as a lead [General Partner]. We see our potential coinvestors in four primary buckets: 1) HOF Capital ’s own limited partners. 2) Investors with very specific value-add. Economic benefit.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How Private Equity and Venture Capital Investors Are Eating Their Own Dogfood

David Teten

My colleagues Sebastian Soler , Steven Greenberg and I recently launched a new online community, PEVCTech.com , exclusively for PE/VC investors; engineers who work at PE/VC funds; and other technologists who specialize in working on this problem. Greylock Partners. You can register for the survey here. VC Firm. $ Tech % of workforce.

article thumbnail

ProfessorVC: Touched by an Angel

Professor VC

I think the title of this post is a TV show, but fitting as there has been much debate in the venture community as to the whether angel investors are good or bad for entrepreneurs and VCs. What would the VC corollary to Touched by an Angel, be. Labels: angel groups , valuation. See you next time. Steve Bennet.

article thumbnail

VCs eating our own dog food: Using technology and analytics to make better investments

David Teten

But in business, you want a lot of partners. To learn more about this space, I suggest join an online community I co-founded, PEVCTech. . In the private equity universe, most Partners have primary training as deal-makers, not as managers. See Bessemer Venture Partners’ A comprehensive guide to security for startups.

article thumbnail

Angel Bootcamp, The Blog Post: A Primer on Angel Investing

View from Seed

A little under a year ago, we hosted an event called Angel Bootcamp that was a primer for folks thinking about getting into angel investing. It was really helpful for the community, and it is something we’ll probably do again, although not every year. A Primer on Angel Investing. Why Invest? Investment Strategy.

article thumbnail

Angel Bootcamp, The Blog Post: A Primer on Angel Investing

View from Seed

A little under a year ago, we hosted an event called Angel Bootcamp that was a primer for folks thinking about getting into angel investing. It was really helpful for the community, and it is something we’ll probably do again, although not every year. A Primer on Angel Investing. Why Invest? Investment Strategy.