Remove Cofounder Remove Community Remove Design Remove SBIR
article thumbnail

Entrepreneurs are Everywhere Show No. 26: Javier Saade and Hillary Hartley

Steve Blank

The show follows the journeys of founders who share what it takes to build a startup – from restaurants to rocket scientists, to online gifts to online groceries and more. He also co-founded three companies: a broadcasting network, Air America Media, a solar energy company, Atenergy and a branding agency, Brand Maestro.

article thumbnail

Free money for your impact tech startup

David Teten

Now the bad news: some venture capitallists have a bias against startups with an explicit positive social impact, on the grounds that they have a smaller addressable market, and that the founders are not sufficiently focused on creating shareholder wealth. If you think I’ve missed any, please contact me. J.M.Kaplan Innovation Prize. “The

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

What would you want to tell Washington DC about startups?

Startup Lessons Learned

So heres my simple question: What do folks in Washington need to know about the global community of entrepreneurs? Policy makers need to know: regulations designed to manage big-companies actually protect those companies by stifling innovation (and competition) from startups. You can see the design of the program here.

DC 90
article thumbnail

Technology, Innovation, and Modern War – Class 10 – The DOD and Modern War –– Michèle Flournoy

Steve Blank

Joe Felter , Raj Shah and I designed a class to examine the new military systems, operational concepts and doctrines that will emerge from 21st century technologies – Space, Cyber, AI & Machine Learning and Autonomy. It was time to take their claim, their rightful place in the international community. — On China.