Remove Cofounder Remove Community Remove Early Stage Remove Seed Capital
article thumbnail

Boston’s WebInno Is Now BIG

Genuine VC

Back in June, the local Boston tech community together celebrated the ten year anniversary of the Web Innovators Group, affectionately known as “WebInno.” Each gathering showcases early stage startups in their infancy, not as a capital-raising pitch, but rather as a way to show off their product to peers for both exposure and feedback.

Boston 100
article thumbnail

What Future for Accelerators?

Both Sides of the Table

I had witnessed a number of early-stage tech startups in LA raise seed capital from the Bay Area and relocate. We formed a partnership with some of our favorite early stage investors and friends including Jim Andelman at Rincon Ventures and Peter Lee at Baroda. So we went for it. We decided on the latter.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Building a new startup hub

Startup Lessons Learned

Ive written a little bit about the origins of Silicon Valley because I think its important for us to understand how we got here in order to make sure we preserve what is best about our community. The companies I spoke to all agreed that the community there was extremely supportive, especially in the critical ulta-early-stage.

article thumbnail

Finance Fridays: Getting Started – Allocating Equity and Founder’s Investment

Feld Thoughts

Finance Friday’s gets off the ground with today’s post by introducing you to an imaginary startup, the entrepreneurs that we’ll being following throughout the series, and their first challenges: splitting up the founders’ equity and addressing the case where one of the founders provides the initial seed capital for the business.

Equity 137
article thumbnail

This Week in VC Episode 6 with @Jason Calacanis: Best One Yet

Both Sides of the Table

Next Wednesday we’ll have Dana Settle of Greycroft Partners, a New York / LA early-stage venture capital fund. Nevertheless, if you share too much in your funding process or meet too many VCs expect a certain amount of your ideas to spread around the startup community. This is unintentional and inevitable.

Stealth 285
article thumbnail

Crazy! 189 Answers To The Top Startup Questions On Your Mind

maplebutter.com

Whats is the best way to find a co-founder for your startup? I’m part of an early startup made up of four friends, we’re all motivated and really dedicated to our startup. However, one of my co-founders doesn’t seem to be as motivated as the rest of us. Non of this academic stuff.

article thumbnail

What it’s like to start your own startup accelerator

The Next Web

At their heart, seed accelerators are defined length programs (usually 3 months) where early stage startups are provided seed capital, mentorship, co-working space (though not always) and other services in the hope of removing the barriers to startup success… or failure.