Remove Cofounder Remove Community Remove Operations Remove San Diego
article thumbnail

Startup Grind Turns the Tables on Mark Suster

Both Sides of the Table

We had a finance group for all of the bank branches based in San Diego, and I wrote programs to download stuff from the mainframe so we could do analysis three days faster than they could send us the data. I did programming for the career center at UC San Diego, trying to build programs for the career center.

Cofounder 337
article thumbnail

Getting out of the building…by staying in the building!

Steve Blank

But a new class of life science/healthcare co-working and collaboration space is another. Scheduling time to look over a surgeon’s shoulder in an operating room is tough. A new life science/healthcare co-working and collaboration space. Co-working spaces seem to be evolving into the startup garages of the future.

San Diego 262
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneur Share Their Goals for 2020

Hearpreneur

My goal for 2020 as a founder is to celebrate the small moments more. 6- Creating a deeper sense of community. In 2019, we focused on expanding our product line at BestSelf Co. In 2020, we’re looking forward to now expanding our relationship with each customer by creating a deeper sense of community.

article thumbnail

After Raising $6.7M For Startups And Winning SEC Approval, AngelList Opens Up Investment Platform To More Companies

techcrunch.com

From 2004 to 2007, she helped lead Congresswoman Carloyn Maloney’s community outreach and relations efforts in New York City. Co-founder Naval Ravikant explains that 18 pilot companies in the program, including Transcriptic, Double Robotics and Tred, received $6.7 San Diego Meetup. San Diego, CA.

SEC 61
article thumbnail

Lessons Learned: Please teach kids programming, Mr. President

Startup Lessons Learned

We also learned that law is code , and that leadership was needed to build thriving communities in a digital age. When I was a kid, the way I logged onto the internet for the first time (to play MUDs, naturally) was through an open dial-up console at San Diego State University. Third, you market it far and wide. Good Post.

article thumbnail

How Link in Bio became the new online real estate for the creator economy

VC Cafe

do they care about driving users to a personal website that doesn’t add to their community size or engagement? or would they rather engage with their fans/community on the platforms themselves? Linktree operates a freemium model. San Diego based, founded in 2016 and started as a meme creator.

San Diego 180
article thumbnail

Hacking for Diplomacy @ Stanford –What We Learned With the State Department

Steve Blank

Bureau of Conflict and Stabilization Operations. Few consider opportunities to make the world safer with the State Department, Department of Defense, Intelligence Community or other government agencies. As an example, Team Aggregate DB was working with the State Department Bureau of Conflict and Stabilization Operations (CSO).