article thumbnail

Hacking for Defense @ Stanford – Weeks 8 and 9

Steve Blank

In addition, teams worked on understanding the costs and operations and deployment timelines for delivering the product to their sponsor. Slides 5-8 continued their learning about partnerships, and slides 9-11 are a great first pass on costs and financial and operations timeline. Slides 4 -6 summarized their costs and operating plan.

article thumbnail

How to Open a Marijuana Dispensary

Up and Running

We talked with two dispensary owners from pioneering states: Mitch Woolhiser, owner of Northern Lights Cannabis Company in Denver, Colorado, and Lincoln Fish, CEO of OutCo Labs, which manages the dispensary Outliers Collective in San Diego, California. There is a map online that shows all the San Diego county compliant properties.”.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

27 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Businesses

Hearpreneur

For those that cannot afford the services of my company, I make sure to volunteer in leadership positions with the Junior League of San Diego. While operating a tutoring business I was able to identify a demand for niche business software. 13- Showcase different communities. 21- Bring unity back to communities.

article thumbnail

Startup Grind Turns the Tables on Mark Suster

Both Sides of the Table

We had a finance group for all of the bank branches based in San Diego, and I wrote programs to download stuff from the mainframe so we could do analysis three days faster than they could send us the data. I did programming for the career center at UC San Diego, trying to build programs for the career center.

Cofounder 337
article thumbnail

Brad Feld Drops Knowledge. Here’s What He Said …

Both Sides of the Table

I owe ya’ a 20 minute call (or in person next time I’m in San Diego). I do something I now call community hours. And so that is a steady import of talent but even more interestingly what it really did is it re-energized the entrepreneurial community.”. And they made an early investment in Yahoo.“ “….a

article thumbnail

Getting out of the building…by staying in the building!

Steve Blank

Scheduling time to look over a surgeon’s shoulder in an operating room is tough. It will have a simulated procedure space that can be configured as an Operating Room, Emergency Room, Intensive Care Unit and other clinical/procedural settings. Getting time to brainstorm with payers or experts in clinical trials is hard.

San Diego 261
article thumbnail

How Link in Bio became the new online real estate for the creator economy

VC Cafe

do they care about driving users to a personal website that doesn’t add to their community size or engagement? or would they rather engage with their fans/community on the platforms themselves? Linktree operates a freemium model. San Diego based, founded in 2016 and started as a meme creator.

San Diego 179