Remove Common Stock Remove Community Remove Conversion Remove Partner
article thumbnail

Rally Gives $1.3 Million To The Boulder Community

Feld Thoughts

The picture to the left is of Ryan Martens, Rally’s founder and CTO, giving Josie Health, the CEO of The Community Foundation Serving Boulder County , a check for $676,000. I remember numerous conversations with Ryan about this. Million To The Boulder Community appeared first on Feld Thoughts. Gang – well done.

Community 182
article thumbnail

Flexible VC, a New Model for Companies Targeting Profitability

David Teten

(co-written with Jamie Finney, Founding Partner at Greater Colorado Venture Fund. His work on VC and small communities can be found at greatercolorado.vc/blog. Capacity Capital, Greater Colorado Venture Fund, Indie.VC, Reformation Partners, UP Fund, Versatile VC. Yes, via conversion rights at a valuation cap. Of the Inc.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Who Should be on Your Startup Board?

Both Sides of the Table

If angel investors are pressuring you to set up a board and if you don’t have the leverage to push back a little then I might suggest a 3-person board in which all 3 seats are appointed by the common stock and you agree to appoint one of these seats to the angel investor but perhaps make it either time based or event based.

article thumbnail

Comparing Startup Accelerators

Austin Startup

Ask the Users Startup Accelerators: Bundled and Unbundled Over the past several years, accelerators have emerged as a powerful filtering and signaling mechanism in early-stage startup ecosystems, allowing high-potential young startups to connect with investors, advisors, and other strategic partners far faster and more efficiently than before.

article thumbnail

Female Founders! Pitch for a Fast Track into Capital Factory with a $100,000 Investment

Austin Startup

We’re dedicated to increasing diversity in the tech community and making Capital Factory an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and identities. On October 4th, five technology startup finalists will pitch to a panel of advisors and judges made up of successful investors, entrepreneurs, and industry leaders. Female Founders!

article thumbnail

Should Entrepreneurs Attend Business School?

Up and Running

C Corp versus LLC, non-competes, liquidation preferences, preferred versus common stock, and so on). See Also How to Find a Business Partner. During our fundraising conversations, I’ve been constantly amazed by the percent of people I’ve spoken to in the venture capital community that have MBAs.

article thumbnail

Will Work for Equity - Investing in Clients - Arizona Bay

www.inc.com

Join our community. One of the ways vendors and partners--whose behind-the-scenes assistance often is crucial to a start-ups success--can get a piece of the action is to exchange services for equity. Graham is careful about whom he chooses to partner with. FROM OUR PARTNERS. ); ); ); ADVERTISEMENT. ); Login or signup.

Arizona 40