article thumbnail

Introducing: Ask a New Investor

Hippoland

This means that the attendees will be highly curated. About Pocket (from the SoGal website): Pocket Sun founded SoGal, one of world’s largest communities of diverse entrepreneurs with 10 chapters worldwide. These interviews will be done online but will be highly interactive. The Straits Times, Harper’s BAZAAR, etc.

article thumbnail

5 Local Search Tactics You Must Employ Today

Duct Tape Marketing

photo credit: D.Clow – Maryland via photopin cc. Obvious things like blog posts with suburb names and maps with directions are a must, but you might also consider adding a community calendar and blogging about events that happen in your town. Think about ways to curate local content to share in social media.

Search 68
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

In Entrepreneurial Ecosystem, Cofounders Find YOU!

davetroy.com

Startup Digest (which I co-curate here in Baltimore) is a great way to find out what events are going on in your area that might be relevant to startups. If there’s no speaker, make sure there’s a focus or targeted community you want to understand better. Find a way to present to a community you care about.

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #11: Jeremy Howard on the power of masks, health policy, and data science in medicine

Startup Lessons Learned

Before that I was an equal partner in Kaggle, which is a popular data science competition community. So plenty of dark bits, but also this weird discovery that you can create incredibly close connections with people that I've never met before and build a global community of people who want nothing more than to help save lives.