article thumbnail

To my European comrades : 5 reasons why you should consider Austin to start with the American Dream

Austin Startup

You can also hike the Green Belt, a 7.25 mile green canyon full of picturesque swimming holes such as Sculpture Falls or Lost Creek. The lower costs and the vibrancy of the economic community turned Austin into a very attractive alternative to the Valley for both big and small businesses.

Austin 48
article thumbnail

Introducing Colorado Entrepreneurial By Nature

VC Adventure

I’ve had the great fortune to experience the evolution and transformation of Colorado into a community that I believe is one of the most supportive of entrepreneurs anywhere in the country. We’re giving members of our community an easy way of showing their pride in the entrepreneurial community we’re building in our state.

Colorado 115
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How I Found a Great CTO

www.huffingtonpost.com

Minted.com is both a global design community and stationery retailer. Independent graphic designers from all over the world submit designs to our ongoing design competitions, and Minteds community votes to tell us what to sell. However, we needed a head of engineering to recruit and lead a larger team to accomplish our larger goals.

CTO 43
article thumbnail

How to Open a Marijuana Dispensary

Up and Running

We talked with two dispensary owners from pioneering states: Mitch Woolhiser, owner of Northern Lights Cannabis Company in Denver, Colorado, and Lincoln Fish, CEO of OutCo Labs, which manages the dispensary Outliers Collective in San Diego, California. Another community, you can find out that information.

article thumbnail

Introducing Colorado Entrepreneurial By Nature

VC Adventure

I’ve had the great fortune to experience the evolution and transformation of Colorado into a community that I believe is one of the most supportive of entrepreneurs anywhere in the country. We’re giving members of our community an easy way of showing their pride in the entrepreneurial community we’re building in our state.

article thumbnail

So You Want to Start a Cannabis Business: Advice for the Absolute Beginner

Up and Running

It doesn’t matter if you’re starting your cannabis business in Washington, Colorado, or Maine; you should start by building authentic relationships with your local cannabis community.” ” Know the rules (and follow them!).

Las Vegas 144
article thumbnail

A Look Inside the Fascinating Cannabis Branding and Marketing Boom

crowdSPRING Blog

For all the stereotypes about lazy, hapless stoners out there, those peddling green in states where recreational or medical marijuana use is legal sure know how to hustle. Make no mistake: the legal marijuana industry is booming, creating huge business opportunities and massive tax revenue incomes for their communities.