article thumbnail

Skills Development in Africa: How Wide is the Skills Gap?

Transformify

Just like its neighbours, Ghana is a predominantly agricultural country dependant on the cocoa production. To address the internal migration trends, in 2013 the government adopted ‘’Marshall Plan’’ The plan forces the companies to hire locally and create jobs for the local communities.

Africa 75
article thumbnail

11 Entrepreneurs Describe The BHAGs (Big Hairy Audacious Goals) For Their Business

Hearpreneur

8- Help 1,000 businesses begin to become green. Thanks to Tim Brazier, 1000 Green Businesses ! #9- 10- Retire and live abroad in Ghana. Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community. By doing so, I know I am fulfilling my destiny of helping others learn how to help themselves. Thanks to CarolynWilman, Idea Majesty ! #8-

Ghana 143
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Why I left Wall Street to figure it out.

Austin Startup

I wanted a Ghanaian delicacy that I had grown up on ( I was born in Ghana), and that meant getting up and going to the only African shop in the city. This developed into another question: Even more, since there’s so much that goes on within the community, how can I know in one place, on my phone, what’s going on?—?in

article thumbnail

18 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

It has opened the door to youth sports for kids in my community as well as eliminate the theft that occurs in youth sports that aren’t being monitored. For every bottle sold, we give 5 years of clean water to a person in Ghana (we’ve helped people in Namibia and Malawi in the past too!). So, that’s it!