article thumbnail

10 Best Cities in the United States for Startups and Entrepreneurs (2018)

crowdSPRING Blog

The overall culture in Austin is renowned for its supportiveness of the small business community. The celebration for its unique culture and flourishing business community is very appealing, and many new startups are flocking to the city to embrace it as their own. Boulder, CO. million dollars. Seattle, WA. Chicago, IL.

article thumbnail

10 Best Cities in the United States for Startups and Entrepreneurs

crowdSPRING Blog

The overall culture in Austin is renowned for its supportiveness of the small business community. The celebration for its unique culture and flourishing business community is very appealing, and many new startups are flocking to the city to embrace it as their own. million dollars.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

What is a Social Enterprise?

Up and Running

it is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit, but because of its dedication to sustainability, it is now working with local communities to form separate stove manufacturing factories in their countries. Here in the U.S. InStove contributes both the technology for efficient stoves, and the means to create sustainable jobs. B corp, or Benefit Corporation.

article thumbnail

10 Best Cities in the United States for Startups and Entrepreneurs

crowdSPRING Blog

The overall culture in Austin is renowned for its supportiveness of the small business community. The celebration for its unique culture and flourishing business community is very appealing, and many new startups are flocking to the city to embrace it as their own. million dollars.

article thumbnail

20 Entrepreneurs Explain What They Love About Being an Entrepreneur

Hearpreneur

Most importantly, I get to have a positive impact on the community. My entrepreneurial journey started with a poorly functioning phone system at a Utah County software firm. I feel a responsibility to give back, not only by helping my family, but also by creating a stronger, more vibrant community. Photo Credit: Erik Elfstrum.

article thumbnail

Flexible VCs With Structures Between Equity and Revenue-Based Investing

David Teten

His work on VC and small communities can be found at greatercolorado.vc/blog. GCVF specializes in providing critical support to founders based in small communities, while connecting them to an unfair network well-beyond their small-town headquarters. . (co-written with Jamie Finney, Founding Partner at Greater Colorado Venture Fund.

Equity 78
article thumbnail

Entrepreneurial events firm Summit Series acquires Utah’s Powder Mountain ski resort for $40m

The Next Web

About an hour’s drive from Salt Lake City, lies Utah’s Powder Mountain. After 5-years of hosting epic events for entrepreneurs including Summit Basecamp , Summit at Sea and DC10 , The Summit Series team decided it was time to grow roots, and found its home in a place called Eden, Utah.

Utah 168