article thumbnail

Diverse Lead Firms

Austin Startup

We focus primarily on software and Internet companies in areas such as SaaS, application software, financial software, consumer internet, and online marketplaces. These sectors generally leverage the Internet or software in a fundamental way. New Age VC About This is just a start.

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #3, Jen Pahlka and Raylene Yung on creating the U.S. Digital Response

Startup Lessons Learned

35:50) Building community on text messages and threads. (38:30) I live in Oakland with my husband and now my dog. There are people in communities who are trying to deliver food to needy residents. I think that's happening all over the internet right now. How to channel your efforts and energy and stay informed. (

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How to Build a Startup Team

techcocktail.com

Tech Cocktail Connecting, educating and amplifying the startup technology community and having fun doing it since 2006.

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #20: the founders of Bitwise on the role of technology in empowering people, spreading benefits to underserved communities, and the creation of OnwardUS

Startup Lessons Learned

Our fundamental thesis is that people of color, women, communities of concentrated poverty, have immense talent to contribute to the technology industry," Jake explained to me. "In Maybe we are talking about community servants or folks we previously thought were community servants. We can be deliberate about these things.

Fresno 60
article thumbnail

Boom and Bust and What Comes Next

Scalable Startup

Consulting Google, the oracle of the Internet, indicates that there is little in the way of consensus regarding the possibility of a tech boom/bust scenario playing out in the near term. on the Richter scale, but it severed the Bay Bridge, flattened a section of freeway in Oakland, and killed sixty-three people.