article thumbnail

5 Keys To Starting A New Venture In Your Local Town

Startup Professionals Musings

Colby is a living example of how it works there, starting with his Parengo Coffee Shop in Sikeston, Missouri. No matter how hard you are willing to work inside the business, you still need external relationships with suppliers, people in your business network, and your community. Brands are all about a story and selling an experience.

article thumbnail

The Top 10 Duct Tape Marketing Podcast Episodes for 2019

Duct Tape Marketing

From paid ads to social media to SMS marketing to SEO, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed by the options out there. He was elected to the Missouri House in 2008 and became the Missouri Secretary of State in 2009. Solo Show – Model for Marketing Maturity, Stage One: Build. Click here to listen to the episode.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The best nonprofit events board members should know about this year

Board Effect

Community engagement ideas: Board members are always looking for ways to engage with their communities, mobilize volunteers, and address their community’s unique needs. Events are a good place to learn more about community engagement initiatives. This year, the event will be held in St.

article thumbnail

Top Social Media Measurement and Tracking Tools

www.foliomag.com

); E-Mail Alert Sign-Up. --> Subscribe Now. --> Media Kit. --> About FOLIO. MediaPRO Community. Top Social Media Measurement and Tracking Tools. com What it does: Gathers, tracks, analyzes and reports on what people are saying about a brand, on blogs and through comments and posts on social media sites.

article thumbnail

19 Entrepreneurs Share Their Business Goals for 2018

Hearpreneur

Working with other business owners and entrepreneurs we are looking to create workshops for the local community to help assist them in entrepreneurship and winning the career lottery. Thanks to Jenny Hale, The Military Social Media Guru ! #4- A CASA volunteer Speaks for an abused or neglected child in the court system.

article thumbnail

Changing the Social Channel

Duct Tape Marketing

I’ve been asked to speak at three different social media related events over the next few months and in each case I’ll be sharing my thoughts on the future of social media. I don’t plan to talk about social media – not much at least. But here’s the thing. I’ve always been attracted to word confluence.

Channel 67
article thumbnail

Transcript of Creating a Winning SEO Strategy

Duct Tape Marketing

I live in Kansas City, Missouri. In other words, if you’re trying to check on results and track results, sometimes it’s a little challenging if your IP address is in Kansas City, Missouri. I think they’re going to start rolling out features to make that a social network. Brian Dean: Yep.

SEO 60