article thumbnail

What is Sweat Equity Worth?

www.entrepreneur.com

Answers Ask Entrepreneur Home Business Operations Business Opportunities Sales & Marketing Advertising & PR Finance & Accounting Franchises Home Business Human Resources Internet/E-Commerce Legal Issues Starting Up Technology Most Recent Answers How Can I Streamline My E-Commerce Operation? What is Sweat Equity Worth?

article thumbnail

Master of Customer Acquisition, Matt Coffin, On Startups …

Both Sides of the Table

I figured if Matt was on the verge of bankruptcy and one mentor changed his trajectory, what if we had a formalized, community-wide program? o Huge on PR, “Be Everywhere” is his motto – fly to NY, proactively everywhere he could get press. To make PR big you need to find a way to “make news”.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Marketing Sweat Equity: Getting Your Startup’s First Sales—Without Spending Money on Consultants and PR

Up and Running

After all, sweat equity can make up for a trim marketing budget, but it would be hard to make up for cuts in product development and customer service without sacrificing customer experience. The best self-promoters and marketers get actively involved in communities where their products or services are used. Knowledge is power.

article thumbnail

How To Find A Programmer To Build Your Startup Idea

socialmatchbox.com

These days sales, marketing and PR people seem to grow on trees. Another option is sweat equity. It is important to realize that most people who are willing to work for sweat equity are not a) the best, b) in demand, and c) going to put their heart and soul into your project.

article thumbnail

Transcript of How to Turn Your Product Idea Into a Business

Duct Tape Marketing

All the important SEO tools that you need for paid traffic, social media, PR, and of course SEO. Exactly, the prior product would have been a kind of clunky speedometer that had no connectivity to a community or to a manufacturer to your phone. John Jantsch: Hello and welcome to another episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast.

Product 61
article thumbnail

25 Best Startup Failure Post-Mortems of All Time

www.chubbybrain.com

Luckily, the startup community often courageously shares their stories – even when things don’t end well. Three notes before we begin: After reading these, you realize more than ever that the startup community is really like no other. Too much PR, too early. It takes a lot of work to build a community.

article thumbnail

How to hire a programmer to make your ideas happen

sivers.org

Im a UX and front end designer bootstrapping my own products with pure sweat equity at night but always looking for someone else to partner with(engineer/programmer)to bring these ideas life. If the developer is going to take 80% of the initial risk, dont offer them 20% of the equity. Insightful. Thanks much. Very useful.