article thumbnail

The Venture Capital Secret: 3 Out of 4 Start-Ups Fail

online.wsj.com

Computer Software. Computer & Software Services. Software. - West Virginia. West Virginia. Find Small Business Software. Media & Marketing. Small Business. More Industries. Accounting. Advertising. Broadcasting & Entertainment. Computer Hardware. Consumer Products. Defense & Aerospace.

article thumbnail

30 Compelling Reasons to Start a Business

Up and Running

As an entrepreneur, you’ll learn what kind of work you enjoy and start to understand how you can make a difference in your community,” he says. Reason #7: Fill a void in the community. The community and the public response have been phenomenal.” Connect on Twitter: @sfboehner @MyLikes. Reason #3: Make more money.

Cofounder 165
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

12 Questions: Meet Maximilian (USA)

crowdSPRING Blog

In our 12 Questions blog series, we feature interviews with someone from the crowdSPRING community. For these interviews, we pick people who add value to our community – in the blog, in the forums, in the projects. Plainly – activities that make crowdSPRING a better community. Alright, so B.) I thought so. Muu ha ha haaaar!

article thumbnail

The Coming Bits and Atoms Disruption

Andrew Payne

I’ve written recently about the entrepreneurial lottery , and the long odds for many pure-software Internet/consumer/mobile projects. Growing up in West Virginia, my technology sources were Popular Electronics and Digi-Key mail-order. I think we’re on the cusp (e.g.

article thumbnail

Top Social Media Measurement and Tracking Tools

www.foliomag.com

MediaPRO Community. Thanks for being part of the FOLIO: community. Accounting and Billing Software. Production Software. West Virginia. Software and Hardware. ); E-Mail Alert Sign-Up. --> Subscribe Now. --> Media Kit. --> About FOLIO. RSS Feeds. --> --> Bookmark FOLIOMag.com. SEARCH FOLIO: Search.

article thumbnail

25 Entrepreneurs Reveal What They Love About Running Their Business

Hearpreneur

One of the things I enjoy most about my role is that we are defining and building a new market, a new category, Software Intelligence. It’s challenging because not everyone likes the idea of shedding light into the structural quality and risk of software systems, especially when they have just spent $50 million to build it.

article thumbnail

An Extensive Guide To Web Form Usability

uxdesign.smashingmagazine.com

As Luke Wroblewski states in his book Web Form Design: Filling in the Blanks , every form exists for one of three main reasons: commerce, community or productivity. Louis Community College. It can be found in the description for the St.Louis Community College screenshot. Just imagine pressing the “Reset Form” button by accident.

Web 102