Remove 2014 Remove Community Remove CPA Remove Finance
article thumbnail

New Year, New Finances – How To Keep Your Small Business Finances In Control

YoungUpstarts

January is here and hopefully you have already decided where you are going to take your business in 2014. Instead of letting your businesses’ finances cloud your day-to-day, make the steps to take control this year: revisit, rethink and refuel. Oftentimes, community bankers provide much more than just financial services.

Finance 226
article thumbnail

How to Fine-tune Your Small Business Finances—from Funding to Growth [Webinar Recap]

Up and Running

Bates: Good morning and welcome to our CEO panel, “How to Fine-Tune Your Small Business Finances From Funding to Growth” which I think is the direction that we would all like to be going. Now I train people in communications and leadership. Three, I’m a book keeper, accountant or CPA and other. Thank you Jared.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Address These 3 Critical Risks Before You Start an Assisted Living Home

Up and Running

Actually, they hadn’t even asked basic questions about financing or labor costs. Roughly speaking, an assisted living home is the midpoint between an independent living community (where healthy, youngish seniors live) and a nursing home (which exists for the frailest of seniors who require 24/7 care). The up-close interviews scared me.

article thumbnail

Do You Have Fear of Financials?

Up and Running

I posted 5 Things Every Manager Should Know About Financial Forecasts recently on the Industry Word blog on the SBA (Small Business Administration) community site. 2. Forecasts don’t take an MBA, CPA, or PhD. I received an email overnight that reminds me that people still need a lot of reassurance about financials.

article thumbnail

5 Critical Tips to Reduce Your Business Taxes This Year [WEBINAR]

Up and Running

For example, if you spent $2,000 on marketing services in December 2013 that weren’t actually delivered to your company until January 2014, you probably couldn’t claim those marketing services as an expense for the 2013 tax year. Earlier this month I hosted Ryan Clower, a CPA from the accounting firm M.

.Net 85