Remove Acquisition Remove Community Remove Government Remove SBIR
article thumbnail

Hacking for Defense @ Stanford 2021 Lessons Learned Presentations

Steve Blank

I want to make my community, country or world a better place, while being challenged to solve some of the toughest problems.”. The same year we started the class, it was adopted by the National Science Foundation to train Principal Investigators who wanted to get a federal grant for commercializing their science (an SBIR grant.)

Lean 413
article thumbnail

Hacking for Defense @ Stanford 2020 Lesson Learned Presentations

Steve Blank

I want to make my community, country or world a better place, while solving some of the toughest problems.”. Team Protocol One – Ensuring JTAC to Pilot Communication. Few consider opportunities to make the world safer with the Department of Defense, Intelligence Community or other government agencies.

Oakland 313
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

100 Startups Join Forces with Air Force Stakeholders at Inaugural Spark Collider Event

Austin Startup

SBIR Phase I companies together with relevant Air Force and venture capital stakeholders. What does SBIR Phase I mean, exactly? At Spark Collider, there were 100 companies present that received an initial award from the Department of Defense (DoD)— which denotes them as Phase 1 SBIR Awardees.

SBIR 48
article thumbnail

Technology, Innovation, and Modern War – Class 10 – The DOD and Modern War –– Michèle Flournoy

Steve Blank

It was time to take their claim, their rightful place in the international community. We’ve started to adjust our acquisition approach. And the departments have put out some very useful new guidance on how to approach software acquisition in a very different way than hardware acquisition. What can we give back?

article thumbnail

Hacking for Defense @ Stanford 2019

Steve Blank

I want to make my community, country or world a better place, while solving some of the toughest problems.”. The same year we started the class, it was adopted by the National Science Foundation to train Principal Investigators who wanted to get a federal grant for commercializing their science (an SBIR grant.) Team: Learn2Win.

Oakland 278
article thumbnail

Hacking for Defense @ Stanford 2018 – wonder and awe

Steve Blank

Few consider opportunities to make the world safer with the Department of Defense, Intelligence Community or other government agencies. Next, we wanted the students to learn about the nation’s threats and security challenges while working with innovators inside the DoD and Intelligence Community. Hacking for Oceans.

article thumbnail

The Apple Watch – Tipping Point Time for Healthcare

Steve Blank

government via Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). As medical grade data acquisition becomes possible, continuous or real time transmission will store and report baseline data on tens of millions of “healthies” that will be vital in training the algorithms and eventually predicting disease earlier. In the U.S.

China 67