Remove Advertising Remove Community Remove Cost Remove Kansas
article thumbnail

8 Challenges To Overcome In The Growth Of Hyperlocal

Startup Professionals Musings

Most people have heard of Foursquare for local nightlife and Airbnb for rooms, but other nationally recognized sources for local services are still hard to find, including social media, local news, advertising, and event calendars. I still hear often the dream of a free service to users, supported by advertising, per the Facebook model.

article thumbnail

Five common misconceptions about building a startup in New York City

This is going to be BIG.

I grew up here, went to school here, and have worked hard over the last 5+ years to help build up the NYC innovation community. It’s going to make the people who are working hard in the community—people who have the connections you need—that much less interested in helping you. Misconception #2: There’s no tech talent in NYC/Wall St.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

2013’s Top 10 Small Towns For Mobile Entrepreneurs

Mike Michalowicz

You can live in a tent in a cornfield in Kansas and do business. I’ve narrowed my list down to the top ten towns where entrepreneurs can find loads of free WiFi, have close proximity to restaurants, hospitals, hotels, B&Bs, coffee shops they call their “office,” and low costs for food, lodging and whatever. Point Reyes, California.

Mobile 163
article thumbnail

The Venture Capital Secret: 3 Out of 4 Start-Ups Fail

online.wsj.com

Advertising. Low Cost Franchises. Advertise Locally on WSJ.com. Journal Community. Journal Community. A community of WSJ readers interested in franchising news, trends and issues. » More. Loading… Asia. Management. Media & Marketing. Small Business. More Industries. Accounting. California.

article thumbnail

Transcript of How to Get Found Using Local SEO Tactics

Duct Tape Marketing

You know what I did an interest case study last fall that I’m just writing up now in a small retail business but third floor office with no store level present right so they only attract new business from advertising and SEO, I mean that’s it. And that doesn’t come from links this comes from newspaper articles.

SEO 31