article thumbnail

Founder Interview: Abraham Gin on Entrepreneurs and Leadership

The Startup Magazine

In order to resolve this issue, we are creating a centralized resource that provides on-demand live streaming, chat and development of content by creating a digital platform allowing communities to engage and ensure a proper DE&I space, therefore transforming and pushing a 20 th century system into the current scenario of the 21 st century.

article thumbnail

How To Create A Brand Name For Your Company

Duct Tape Marketing

Is it gonna cause you linguistic problems in other, you know, not just other countries, but even locally, if you have a Spanish speaking community in your, uh, city yeah. There are no contracts, no additional cost based in Latin America with incredible English, proficiency and business experience work better. If you wanna read those.

Naming 77
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

8 Challenges To Overcome In The Growth Of Hyperlocal

Startup Professionals Musings

Change, acceptance, and trust become more difficult as you get deeper into the fabric of a community. Hyperlocal in New York City is different from hyperlocal in Kansas. Businesses that focus on the local community have long been the source of satisfaction and financial livelihood of entrepreneurs.

article thumbnail

Five common misconceptions about building a startup in New York City

This is going to be BIG.

I grew up here, went to school here, and have worked hard over the last 5+ years to help build up the NYC innovation community. It’s going to make the people who are working hard in the community—people who have the connections you need—that much less interested in helping you. Misconception #2: There’s no tech talent in NYC/Wall St.

article thumbnail

2013’s Top 10 Small Towns For Mobile Entrepreneurs

Mike Michalowicz

You can live in a tent in a cornfield in Kansas and do business. I’ve narrowed my list down to the top ten towns where entrepreneurs can find loads of free WiFi, have close proximity to restaurants, hospitals, hotels, B&Bs, coffee shops they call their “office,” and low costs for food, lodging and whatever. Point Reyes, California.

Mobile 163
article thumbnail

Transcript of Managing an Expanding Business, With Your Mission Guiding the Way

Duct Tape Marketing

I rarely get to do a Kansas City show, so, even though we’re just across town, it doesn’t get much closer than this. We are a health and wellness facility here in Kansas City. Yeah, the roots of CrossFit were, it was an open source community that started on the internet, first and foremost.

article thumbnail

How to Kick Start Your Community’s Startup Scene

Both Sides of the Table

I have never been more optimistic about the impact that the tech startup community is having on cities in America or about the role that cities outside of San Francisco / Silicon Valley can play in our future. Open source computing, which reduced costs to start a company by 90%. The Foundations of the Seattle startup community.