Remove Aggregator Remove Community Remove Limited Partner Remove Operations
article thumbnail

How to Scale Support of Portfolio Companies

David Teten

the “TOPSCAN” framework from my research study on value creation by VCs ): T eam-Building – We aggregate openings across our portfolio on our jobs page. N etwork – We organize events regularly to build out our community. – Aggregation, ranking, and discounts from service providers. Ethics Policy, Expenses policy).

article thumbnail

How Private Equity and Venture Capital Investors Are Eating Their Own Dogfood

David Teten

My colleagues Sebastian Soler , Steven Greenberg and I recently launched a new online community, PEVCTech.com , exclusively for PE/VC investors; engineers who work at PE/VC funds; and other technologists who specialize in working on this problem. to motivate their angel community to support their startups. 2) Raise capital.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How to Scale Early-Stage Investing

David Teten

Although any given early-stage company is quite risky, when aggregated across a large portfolio, returns are very attractive. From the point of view of a limited partner, the great challenge is scaling the business. What was striking was what an attractive asset class it was. They’re also inflation-hedged.

article thumbnail

VCs eating our own dog food: Using technology and analytics to make better investments

David Teten

I walk through below how progressive investors are using technology and analytics throughout all of their operations. To learn more about this space, I suggest join an online community I co-founded, PEVCTech. . We are also seeing technology evaluation as an increasingly important part of LP operational due diligence.

article thumbnail

What’s Your VC Tech Stack? Results from a Survey of Early-Stage VC Funds

David Teten

While the historic capital-raising process is driven by face-to-face networking and salesmanship, some GPs actively participate in LP/GP communities to find and build relationships with potential LPs. However, 87% of our respondents don’t actively participate in any such community.

article thumbnail

On the Road to Recap:

abovethecrowd.com

While not obvious on the surface, there has been a fundamental sea-change in the investment community that has made the incremental Unicorn investment a substantially more dangerous and complicated practice. LIMITED PARTNERS (LPS). If you over-fund the industry, aggregate returns fall. This is uncharted territory.

IPO 40