Remove Agile Remove Community Remove DC Remove Partner
article thumbnail

The cardinal sin of community management

Startup Lessons Learned

Lessons Learned by Eric Ries Friday, September 11, 2009 The cardinal sin of community management Once you have a product launched, you will the face the joys – and the despair – of a community that grows up around it. This probably sounds illogical. After all, people rarely say they are mad because they are not being heard.

Community 158
article thumbnail

Building a new startup hub

Startup Lessons Learned

Ive written a little bit about the origins of Silicon Valley because I think its important for us to understand how we got here in order to make sure we preserve what is best about our community. The companies I spoke to all agreed that the community there was extremely supportive, especially in the critical ulta-early-stage.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Hacking for Defense @ Stanford 2017 – Lessons Learned Presentations

Steve Blank

Few consider opportunities to make the world safer with the Department of Defense, Intelligence Community or other government agencies. All the teams used the Mission Model Canvas , Customer Development and Agile Engineering to build Minimal Viable Products, but all of their journeys were unique. 21 st Century Frogman. Sign up here.

article thumbnail

Towards a new entrepreneurship

Startup Lessons Learned

Sure, when entrepreneurs create startups that grow up into mature companies, they become part of an established industry, with its own ecosystem, norms, partners and best practices. Ive been blown away by the level of demand you all have expressed in having a forum for the whole community to come together and share what were learning.

article thumbnail

Datablindness

Startup Lessons Learned

I got a powerful taste of datablindness recently, as I’ve started to work with various large companies as partners in setting up events, speeches, and other products to sell around the Lean Startup concept. There are lots of good reasons why I can’t have instantaneous access to this data, and each partner has their own.

article thumbnail

Business ecology and the four customer currencies

Startup Lessons Learned

And passionate players are often the backbone of game communities – especially online. A great product enables customers, developers, partners, and even competitors to exchange their unique currencies in combinations that lead to financial success for the company that organizes them. Expo SF (May.

Customer 156
article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #3, Jen Pahlka and Raylene Yung on creating the U.S. Digital Response

Startup Lessons Learned

35:50) Building community on text messages and threads. (38:30) She has been an advocate for a more responsive, a more resilient, more agile government. My partner has a start-up and we went to his office and borrowed a bunch of office equipment and set up some real home offices. 33:59) The value of being useful. (35:20)