Remove Agile Remove Community Remove Early Stage Remove Lean
article thumbnail

A New Way to Teach Entrepreneurship – The Lean LaunchPad at Stanford: Class 1

Steve Blank

In January, we introduced a new graduate course at Stanford called the " target="_blank">Lean LaunchPad. It was designed to bring together many of the new approaches to building a successful startup – customer development, agile development, business model generation and pivots. OK, somehow we got them interested.

Lean 304
article thumbnail

Building a new startup hub

Startup Lessons Learned

Ive written a little bit about the origins of Silicon Valley because I think its important for us to understand how we got here in order to make sure we preserve what is best about our community. The companies I spoke to all agreed that the community there was extremely supportive, especially in the critical ulta-early-stage.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Lean Entrepreneur is here

Startup Lessons Learned

Last May, I shared the news that long-time Lean Startup advocates Brant Cooper and Patrick Vlaskovits were working on a new book called The Lean Entrepreneur featuring illustrations by FAKEGRIMLOCK. LitMotors approach to using Lean Startup to create a new vehicle category. That new book is about to hit bookstores everywhere.

Lean 167
article thumbnail

Introducing New Lean Startup Practitioners

Startup Lessons Learned

Guest post by Lisa Regan, writer for The Lean Startup Conference. In building the program for this year’s Lean Startup Conference , we’ve tried to strike a balance. To give you a sense of these practitioners, we asked some our new speakers to talk about how they use Lean Startup methods. Below are three of their takes on MVPs.

Lean 162
article thumbnail

@altgate » Blog Archive » Outsourcing For Startups

Altgate

The presentation was on outsourcing generally, not just software engineering and the audience was very early stage companies (some yet to be founded). Now, for very early stage companies, you may be thinking, “I don’t have any cash, so outsourcing isn’t an option.&# To that I say baloney.

article thumbnail

How companies strangle innovation – and how you can get it right

Steve Blank

A canonical Lean Innovation process inside a company or government agency would look something like this: Curation. Department of Defense and Intelligence community have also adopted this model as the Hacking for Defense process.). As the head of the U.S. Segments of the U.S. Lessons Learned. Filed under: Corporate Innovation.

Incubator 317
article thumbnail

The Ultimate Guide to Starting a Software Company

Up and Running

Step 1: Start with a lean plan. It’s the fastest way to get your idea onto paper, and it’s the very first step in the lean planning process, which is much easier and more iterative than traditional business planning methods. Introducing Lean Planning: How to Plan Less and Grow Faster. How to Write a Traditional Business Plan.