Remove Business Model Remove Community Remove Kansas Remove Small Business
article thumbnail

Managing an Expanding Business, With Your Mission Guiding the Way

Duct Tape Marketing

This week on the Duct Tape Marketing podcast, I sit down with Matt Scanlon, owner of The Hill KC in Kansas City. Formerly known as CrossFit Memorial Hill, the business began as a CrossFit gym. Once Scanlon began running the gym, he started to notice other ways to serve the community. Especially when you’re a small business.

article thumbnail

24 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

After thinking about how much I enjoyed helping her business grow and learning all I could about business structure, marketing, SEO and social media to name a few, I decided to take these new skills and help other small business owners. My company now helps any new or existing business grow and succeed.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Venture Capital Secret: 3 Out of 4 Start-Ups Fail

online.wsj.com

Small Business. SMALL BUSINESS. more in Small Business. Harvard professor Noam Wasserman and WSJ small-business editor Vanessa OConnell took reader questions about avoiding start-up pitfalls on Sept. Small Business » Subscriber Content Read Preview. Loading… Careers.

article thumbnail

Transcript of Finding Your Brand’s Purpose

Duct Tape Marketing

John Jantsch: This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by Gusto, modern, easy payroll benefits for small businesses across the country. John Jantsch: You also have the distinction of being one of those very few Kansas City guests that I end up having on the show, so I always love that. Back to Podcast.

article thumbnail

Transcript of Creating a Winning SEO Strategy

Duct Tape Marketing

I live in Kansas City, Missouri. In other words, if you’re trying to check on results and track results, sometimes it’s a little challenging if your IP address is in Kansas City, Missouri. John Jantsch: So if somebody was in your shoes or just even somebody like myself. I have clients in Canada and different places.

SEO 58
article thumbnail

Interview with Jesse Katz, Founder of EF Buys

Growthink Blog

We've already offered small business owners discounts on Starbucks, Moo business cards, StumbleUpon Ads, logo design, online computer backup, etc. Small business owners are very well meaning at heart, but very few business have the time or money to make a change in the community.

Founder 114
article thumbnail

Changing the Social Channel

Duct Tape Marketing

And finally, I plan to introduce how a vibrant community, perhaps the highest objective of any business today, is built not through social media, but through the confluence of a specific set of socially assisted practices. Communities don’t generally form around, products, services or companies.

Channel 65