article thumbnail

What is a Social Enterprise?

Up and Running

One social enterprise that embodies this model is InStove, an organization that sustainably makes the world’s most efficient stove, for use primarily in developing nations where fossil fuels and electricity are scarce, and walking long distances to gather wood can be dangerous. Here in the U.S. B corp, or Benefit Corporation.

article thumbnail

How to Balance AI Magic with Human Expertise

Duct Tape Marketing

So it's basically saying that the capital of North Dakota is, well, 99.99999% of the time. These are things that a business user can learn how to do, not just an AI developer or somebody in product management, engineering and data science for 20 years like me or anything. So it's trying to, and then there's some error built in.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Venture Capital Secret: 3 Out of 4 Start-Ups Fail

online.wsj.com

North Carolina. North Dakota. South Dakota. North Carolina. North Dakota. South Dakota. DJVentureWire : Clinical Development News, Sept. Journal Community. Journal Community. A community of WSJ readers interested in franchising news, trends and issues. Massachusetts.

article thumbnail

Where Does Foundry Group Invest?

Feld Thoughts

Of the 23 funds listed here, 13 are in the Bay Area, 3 in NYC, 3 in Boston, 2 in LA, and one each in Detroit, Seattle, Toronto, Waterloo, Indianapolis, and Fargo, North Dakota. Hopefully, we will continue to help develop and expand existing and new startup communities. The post Where Does Foundry Group Invest?

article thumbnail

What is an L3C?

Up and Running

The United Kingdom began using a similar structure in 2005, called a Community Interest Company. His organization, Americans for Community Development, provides detailed information about L3Cs, and you can find out more about the organization on their website. . In 2008 in the U.S.,

Vermont 106
article thumbnail

What I Read On My Summer Vacation

Duct Tape Marketing

But, this must be an intentional practice if it is to become an element of your personal and business development. Books on math and architecture and history often contain business metaphors and connections that you won’t find anywhere else – if you read them in that light.

article thumbnail

21 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Name

Hearpreneur

My wife and I were driving home from North Dakota trying to think about a cool new name for our mattress company. After polling my community, the feedback was positive, so I made the switch and I’m very happy that I did. Having a brand behind a strong title can make all the difference in the world. #1

Naming 64