article thumbnail

Quickly Unpacking Microsoft’s Acquisition Of GitHub

Haystack

Not yet profitable but invaluable to developers worldwide, the decade-old company bootstrapped, differentiated from formidable competitors GitLab and Atlassian’s BitBucket, weathered leadership upheavals, and eventually ingested lots of venture capital which helped them weather the challenges they faced.

article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Reveal Their Favorite Business or Entrepreneur Turnaround Story

Hearpreneur

BMW introduced subscription fees for their cars, creating revolutionary changes in the conservative automotive community. GM was first a holding company when it was established in 1908 by William C. Soon after, they started BloomNation, a company. Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community. 17- General Motors.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Entrepreneurs are Everywhere Show No. 20: Nayeem Hussain and Will Zell

Steve Blank

Prior to founding Keen Home , Nayeem Hussain spent his career focusing on M&A, corporate development/strategy, and financial analysist, first at Prudential Financial and then at Loral Space & Communications. Will : … I want to focus on impacting my community and region as much as I possibly can. Will : Absolutely.

article thumbnail

How to Start a Luxury Day Spa

Up and Running

Taking the time to carefully select your service offerings will help you to better differentiate your business from your competitors. Depending on the location of your spa, you may also want to consider offering services designed to appeal to corporate clients looking for fun ways to hold company events.