article thumbnail

The Venture Capital Secret: 3 Out of 4 Start-Ups Fail

online.wsj.com

To order presentation-ready copies for distribution to your colleagues, clients or customers, use the Order Reprints tool at the bottom of any article or visit www.djreprints.com. Distribution and use of this material are governed by our Subscriber Agreement and by copyright law. Journal Community. Journal Community.

article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Reveal Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

3- Need in the autism community. My reason for starting my business is that I saw a need in the autism community for specialized and personalized care. Thanks to Balaram Thapa, Nepal Hiking Team ! #7- I believe that with hard work and dedication, I can make a positive impact in our communities and the world at large.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Global Hiring Made Easy

Transformify

We believe that a social enterprise should not charge people in need of a job for providing them with an employment opportunity that will have a positive impact not only on them, but also on the local communities and the society at large. First, it was Nepal. Why are we so passionate about this project? A win-win situation.

Global 63
article thumbnail

6/16: What's Mine Is Yours: The Rise of Collaborative Consumption

David Teten

But what if these institutions, valuable as they are, are just a transition state on the way to truly new modes of communication and exchange, and even a new emphasis on values other than profit-and-loss? He sits on the boards of Medecins Du Monde UK (Doctors of the World) and the Bronx Community Charter School. Thursday, June 16th.

Darfur 122
article thumbnail

25 Entrepreneurs Explain What They Love About Being An Entrepreneur

Hearpreneur

To me personally, being the founder of an online business, distribution will never be a problem. As the co-founder of the Virtual Global Consultant (VGC) Group, I love the fact that we have created employment in underserved communities globally. Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community. 15- Creating opportunities.