article thumbnail

Awesome Austin Tech Events, May 8–15

Austin Startup

Some of the most interesting events in Austin for the week of May 8 through May 14 are as follows: Mon, May 8 thru Thurs, May 11: OSCON OSCON brings the software engineering and developer community together to explore what’s new and useful in open source languages, tools, and techniques. At Capital Factory at 7:00 pm. 79 entry fee.

article thumbnail

3rd Annual Women in Tech Summit Examines Strength, Fundraising & Diversity

Austin Startup

Foundries North America. Hold everyone accountable (including yourself) Stacey Cleveland , Equity Strategist for Employee Engagement at Google, left us with some wise words: “We don’t have all the answers, we may ask you to google it.” Foundries North America. Women leaders from across the U.S. Collect Data 3.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

25 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

And that’s how I started my private equity business where I acquire both online and offline assets such as lead generation websites and physical real estate. The day after receiving my degree, I was in my car driving across North America to start a job at a promising technology startup. Thanks to Daniel Javor, Next Luxury ! #4-

article thumbnail

Flexible VCs With Structures Between Equity and Revenue-Based Investing

David Teten

His work on VC and small communities can be found at greatercolorado.vc/blog. V: Should you raise venture capital from a traditional equity VC or a Revenue-Based Investing VC? VI: Revenue-based financing: The next step for private equity and early-stage investment. II: Who are the major Revenue-Based Investing VCs?

Equity 78
article thumbnail

The Latest Questions Small Businesses Are Asking

Up and Running

Part of a venture feasibility study is to look at what financial resources are already available in personal bank accounts, equity in a home, life insurance, family and friends or from selling assets. Listen with an open mind to employees, suppliers, customers, the media and members of the community. Often this is not true.

article thumbnail

From Lab Bench To Market Potential

YoungUpstarts

These trends usually mean that the founders of the company end up with lower amounts of equity and a more complex system of corporate governance when compared to other industries. Great ideas may survive, but only those flexible to the industry’s changing tides will thrive.

article thumbnail

Texas Startup Manifesto 2.0

Austin Startup

Edward’s University, Texas State University, Texas Tech University, Trinity University, The University of Houston System, and The University of North Texas System. Our community colleges are excellent as well, including the Alamo Colleges, Austin Community College, the Dallas College and the Lone Star Community College.

Texas 90