article thumbnail

Social Enterprises Globally

Business Plan Blog

Conservative Party known as the “Big Society” has been launched and aims to empower local community entrepreneurs. In addition, the University of Oxford boasts that the Skoll Centre for Social Entrepreneurship is the leading global entity for the advancement of social entrepreneurship. Back in the U.S., and the U.S.

Global 45
article thumbnail

[Event] Ukraine, Thailand And US Take Top Spots At Microsoft Imagine Cup 2012

YoungUpstarts

. “We were inspired to help our friends who are hearing- and speech-impaired to have the ability to communicate like everyone else,” says Maxim Osika of quadSquad. Third Place: Turtle Games (Hungary). ” The winning teams are: 1. .” ” The winning teams are: 1. Software Design. Game Design.

Thailand 159
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Remote Work in the Time of COVID-19

ReadWriteStart

The world has changed… Two months ago, if I told you that remote work would be the global norm by mid-April, you’d have thought I was hanging out with Elon Musk too much. What’s fascinating is that this global experiment in remote work has been a surprising success. Global talent like these platforms too.

article thumbnail

25 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

having grown up in Hungary I came to the States over 12 years ago. Having seen the success of escape rooms spread through Hungary and greater Eastern Europe I had a feeling they would catch on here in the States at some point. Zoltán being from Hungary, had read about escape rooms being popular there and doing well.