article thumbnail

Strategy Roundtable For Entrepreneurs: VCs, Angels, Incubators, Accelerators - What Are You Doing With Your Rejects?

ReadWriteStart

To give you some further context, we recently spoke with a VC in Boise, Idaho, who gets 500 deals a year. Sam had other ideas about healthcare and such, but I asked him to focus the business squarely on IT experts and build up the community by working with professional organizations, as he has already started to do.

Incubator 116
article thumbnail

How to Fine-tune Your Small Business Finances—from Funding to Growth [Webinar Recap]

Up and Running

Maybe you are wondering which metrics to track, or whether or not you should take out a loan for your business. Which metrics do you most rely on to understand your business itself. The question is what metrics do you most rely on to understand your business’s health? What specific metrics should they be monitoring?

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #21: Tomas Pueyo on the hammer and the dance, political polarization, and how the pandemic will affect the way we live and work

Startup Lessons Learned

For example, Santa Clara had a community-spread case early in March. If something like that happens, you want to close everything, because it's a community spread. One of my old Lean Startup sayings is that metrics are people too, and it came up in my conversation with Brian Chesky, too. Eric Ries : That's right.