article thumbnail

Why I stepped away from Facebook development

Aymeric Gaurat-Apelli

Although I had been developing softwares since 1999, it was the first time I could think of an idea, write the application, publish it online and virally reach thousands of people! But it is easier to be visible in a less crowded market like Indonesia, or the recently growing asian countries. Let me explain what I mean.

article thumbnail

Digital Nomads and the Remote Work Revolution

Transformify

As explored in a new infographic by SavvyBeaver Canada and BargainFox the popular viral news website BuzzFeed has a 50% remote workforce. They use online communities on Reddit and other sites to share travel tips and budgets, the best locations, and the fun things to do. Mozilla the company behind web browser Firefox is 60% remote.

Canada 52
article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #11: Jeremy Howard on the power of masks, health policy, and data science in medicine

Startup Lessons Learned

In the time since our conversation, data and science have shown again and again that wearing masks is an incredibly effective, low-cost and simple way to prevent viral spread. Before that I was an equal partner in Kaggle, which is a popular data science competition community. We should all wear them in public." I've discovered this.