article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #18: Sal Khan on institution building, solving the digital divide, and education as the lever for all decisions

Startup Lessons Learned

Sal Khan : If you go back to mid-February, it sounds like the world was very different then, but it was in mid-February that we started seeing traffic pickup in China and South Korea. Sal Khan : first cases of community spread. But at the same time, if schools get closed or weird, you can lean much more heavily on them.

article thumbnail

The Hard Thing About a Hard City: Why I Support Kathryn Garcia for Mayor of NYC

This is going to be BIG.

I trust her to hear out the community, gather all the data, and, unlike our current Towering Ineptitude, actually make a decision—one that she believes is right for New York, not just politically popular. It has a budget of nearly $90 billion and a GDP roughly equivalent to the entire country of South Korea.

Campaign 144
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Join a conference simulcast near you

Startup Lessons Learned

One of the most important things we do with The Lean Startup Conference is make a livestream of the plenary talks available for free to groups around the world, supporting entrepreneurship communities everywhere. The number of hosts has grown annually, and this year, we have 200+ groups joining us on Monday, December 3.

article thumbnail

Why Hasn’t An Occupy White House Emerged?

Hunter Walker

Unfortunately there were some reports of harassment of women within the community. And started me wondering what type of outrage or frustration could catalyze an ongoing Occupy community, one that might even be 10x larger or more durable. Lots of information here if you want to read. Occupy White House. Day long marches, sure.

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #21: Tomas Pueyo on the hammer and the dance, political polarization, and how the pandemic will affect the way we live and work

Startup Lessons Learned

And in fact, The Lean Startup is very much that. If you only have one data point though or one data source, like China, that's not very reliable, but as soon as you start having South Korea and Iran and Italy, now you have four sources from different countries, different organizations. What did South Korea do?