article thumbnail

The 10 Best U.S. Cities to Start a Business in for 2016

Up and Running

Oklahoma City, OK. Ranked third by WalletHub, Oklahoma City has also been found to be a great city for STEM professionals, entrepreneurial women, and small tech businesses. Furthermore, Oklahoma City is one of the fastest growing U.S. Furthermore, Oklahoma City is one of the fastest growing U.S. SCORE Oklahoma City.

St. Louis 105
article thumbnail

The Venture Capital Secret: 3 Out of 4 Start-Ups Fail

online.wsj.com

NAME Comcast. NAME Verizon Communications. NAME Yahoo. NAME Shikhar Ghosh. NAME Toby Stuart. NAME Daniel Dreymann. NAME Charles Holloway. NAME David Cowan. Domain Name/Basic Site. Journal Community. COMPANY AOL COMPANY|AOL. SIGNIFICANCE PROMINENT. SIGNIFICANCE PROMINENT.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How Best To Negotiate Your Time And The Time Of Others

YoungUpstarts

But one person in my network, a very powerful woman within the community, wouldn’t respond to my request. Once I knew that, I was able to send her a few resources and the name of a public speaking coach I knew well. Happily, most everyone agreed to my tour dates. This saved us both an hour and saved her $3.50

Tulsa 182
article thumbnail

The Flaming Lips and Economic Development

Gregg Fraley, Author of Jack's Notebook

As many of you know I’ve participated in the annual State of Creativity Forum in Oklahoma for several years. It’s in just a few weeks, so register, and make plans now to arrive in Oklahoma City for the March 31st one day event. Oklahoma City has turned the corner on talent exporting, let me explain.

article thumbnail

Looking for Funds in All the Right Places

Austin Startup

The authors encourage quoting from this article or using the data in articles and presentations but request that the title of this article and the names of the authors be cited for attribution. It’s also clear from our work that there is some confusion in the entrepreneurial community about the different forms of startup funding available.

article thumbnail

Kevin Durant Could Teach Businesses a Thing or Two

crowdSPRING Blog

Kevin Durant, former star of the Oklahoma City Thunder, announced that he would be leaving the city where he made his name to play for the Golden State Warriors, and people had some feelings about it. times, but now the brand names are drawn to one another, sharing the burden of expectation along with the ball.

article thumbnail

Transcript of Tapping Into Existing Connections to Network Smarter

Duct Tape Marketing

The most connected people in a community are usually going to be the ones that are most likely to meet new members into that community. If you’re the person everybody knows you have a better chance of getting those introductions. ” Is that it gives you usually a list of two or three names and this is really key.