article thumbnail

5 Things to Compare When Choosing an eCommerce Platform

Up and Running

Now, SEO for an ecommerce website requires a great deal of due diligence by the site owner, regardless of the platform. XML sitemap: This is a file located on your website that helps the search engines index your website’s content. Maintaining your XML sitemap is crucial to your search rankings. Over to you.

article thumbnail

How Black People Leveraged Tech Bigotry to Boss the Blockchain Below the Radar

Austin Startup

The African-American community with a global movement known as the Afro-Tech quietly mastered blockchain/distributed ledger technology several years ago to benefit urban communities. You need a community and ecosystem that adopts and use your tech. Stuff CNBC and other media outlets don’t want to acknowledge.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

What The Rails Security Issue Means For Your Startup

www.kalzumeus.com

Kalzumeus Software. Patrick McKenzie (patio11) blogs on software development, marketing, and general business topics. Other startups don’t but, like the Rails community, may one day find themselves asking What Do We Do When Apocalyptically Bad Things Happen On Our Framework of Choice? Mostly, I sell software.

Security 101
article thumbnail

12 Things a Small Business Owner Can Do to Get the Most Out of WordPress

Duct Tape Marketing

It controls title/description tags, avoids duplicate content, and sets up an XML sitemap for search engines. Schema.org’s markup shows geography (location), hours of operation, reviews and testimonials, Google authorship, and more. You can also use Synup to track rankings, display reviews, and monitor reviews.

article thumbnail

Which language should my startup use?

www.reincubate.com

Share this: net c# development django java language php software Were often asked by entrepreneurs which language their startups should adopt when developing their technology. It can be difficult -- without experience building software -- to make an informed choice which is most suitable. PHP is insecure? Ruby on Rails doesnt scale?

article thumbnail

CEO Friday: Why we don’t hire.NET programmers

blog.expensify.com

The right sort of person is so passionate about coding, they can’t be stopped from doing it. But every day spent in that kitchen is a day NOT spent in a real kitchen, learning how to cook real food, and write real code. I currently work in information security, and I help teach developers how to write better, more secure code.

Java 107
article thumbnail

How To Find A Technical Cofounder For Your Online Business Idea

www.virtuosimedia.com

Community Resources. XML Tutorials. Benjamin Kuker May 17, 2011 Tweet I have a feeling I might step on a few toes with this article, but finding a technical cofounder for an online business idea is a topic that I’ve seen come up often across a number of business community websites. Terms of Use. Newsletters. Write For Us.