Remove 2004 Remove Community Remove Equity Remove PR
article thumbnail

Master of Customer Acquisition, Matt Coffin, On Startups …

Both Sides of the Table

I figured if Matt was on the verge of bankruptcy and one mentor changed his trajectory, what if we had a formalized, community-wide program? o Huge on PR, “Be Everywhere” is his motto – fly to NY, proactively everywhere he could get press. To make PR big you need to find a way to “make news”.

article thumbnail

How to Radically Stand Out with Brand Marketing

ConversionXL

He was swiftly followed by Richard Branson and Virgin Galactic in 2004. Can you capture more brand equity by executing marketing tactics in new or better ways? They’re a great example of employee advocacy because their content is often shared and retweeted by their colleagues, like their Digital PR Lead.

Marketing 109
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

VC Evolution: Physician, Scale Thyself.

500hats.com

Or, as my friend Marc Andreessen might say, Software Eats the Private Equity World. One of the earliest and most well-known of the Micro-VC funds was First Round Capital , founded in 2004 by Josh Kopelman , a former entrepreneur who sold Half.com to eBay in 2000. but the food was awesome, & the PR wasn’t bad either).

article thumbnail

27 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

My PR journey started with an amazing position with the renowned Jason Dady restaurant group in San Antonio, Texas. I was working full-time for Bread & Butter PR, but the balancing act of being a single mother and working full-time for someone else was too much. Thanks to Emily Reynolds, founder of R PR Firm ! #4

article thumbnail

25 Best Startup Failure Post-Mortems of All Time

www.chubbybrain.com

Luckily, the startup community often courageously shares their stories – even when things don’t end well. Three notes before we begin: After reading these, you realize more than ever that the startup community is really like no other. Too much PR, too early. It takes a lot of work to build a community.