Remove Angel Groups Remove Community Remove Partner Remove Software Review
article thumbnail

How to Raise Startup Funding from Unlikely Angel Investors

Up and Running

Angel investors come from a variety of ages, backgrounds, and professions. I’m not your average angel. I’m not active in an angel group. I live in a small town surrounded by farms and I made my first angel investment at 29 because my dad said it was a good idea. So, who are these unlikely angels?

article thumbnail

Brad Feld Drops Knowledge. Here’s What He Said …

Both Sides of the Table

If you are going to do the tour up and down Sandhill Road to try and raise your 1st round of financing you need a pitch deck because the vast majority of those meetings you are going to be sitting around a table and you will be presenting to one or more partners and that is going to be your first engagement.”. Is that when it became big?

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How Private Equity and Venture Capital Investors Are Eating Their Own Dogfood

David Teten

My colleagues Sebastian Soler , Steven Greenberg and I recently launched a new online community, PEVCTech.com , exclusively for PE/VC investors; engineers who work at PE/VC funds; and other technologists who specialize in working on this problem. Greylock Partners. You can register for the survey here. VC Firm. $ Tech % of workforce.

article thumbnail

VCs eating our own dog food: Using technology and analytics to make better investments

David Teten

But in business, you want a lot of partners. However, in private markets, there is more room to optimize across all 11 steps of the investing process: firm management , marketing, fundraising , origination , manage relationships, due diligence, negotiation, monitoring, portfolio acceleration , reporting, and. 2) Market .

article thumbnail

The Investors Guide to SXSW 2019

Austin Startup

Grab a group of friends and tour the latest and greatest of Austin’s startup community. To discuss this seismic shift, Rodolfo Gonzalez, partner at Foundation Capital and one of the only major Silicon Valley investors from Mexico, will be joined by the CEOs of Rappi, Bitso, and Runa HR?—?three The SXSW Startup Crawl! What gives?

article thumbnail

The Basics of Small Business Loans [WEBINAR]

Up and Running

I think that the team from Palo Alto Software, I think I saw some partners that are in this area that just focus on that early stage business. It’s a really great way to get funded from an angel perspective, and also get introductions to that angel group. They look at the opportunity and they provide funding.

article thumbnail

What’s Your VC Tech Stack? Results from a Survey of Early-Stage VC Funds

David Teten

(written by Philipp von dem Knesebeck , Managing Partner, Blue Future Partners (bluefp.com, @bluefutureteam ), and David Teten ). Based on this paper, Blue Future Partners and PEVCTech recently completed a large-scale survey to find out which tools are most commonly used by venture capital firms.