Remove Architecture Remove Community Remove Customer Development Remove Metrics
article thumbnail

The Innovation Stack: How to make innovation programs deliver more than coffee cups

Steve Blank

federal science agencies and in the Department of Defense and Intelligence Community. Some examples of innovation tools are Customer Development, Design Thinking, User-Centric Design, Business Model Canvas, Storytelling, etc. to their colleagues and bosses who are rewarded on execution-based metrics.

article thumbnail

The Mission Model Canvas – An Adapted Business Model Canvas for Mission-Driven Organizations

Steve Blank

In other words, how can we adapt the Business Model Canvas when the metrics of success for an organization is not revenue? What if you’re a government or a military organization or part of the intelligence community? In a mission-driven organization such as the defense and intelligence community, there is no revenue to measure.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Lessons Learned: Product development leverage

Startup Lessons Learned

That engine of creativity has led to a catalog of something like 2 million virtual goods authored by a hundred thousand developers. Most importantly, there is almost no niche or trend that is unserved by this community. When you participate in an open community like these you take advantage of tremendous amounts of effort.

article thumbnail

What would you want to tell Washington DC about startups?

Startup Lessons Learned

So heres my simple question: What do folks in Washington need to know about the global community of entrepreneurs? I started my last company with 100% off-shore resources because I could never have completed Customer Development at a reasonable cost of money or regulatory burden had I employed US Citizens. There are and we do.

DC 90
article thumbnail

Product design debt versus Technical debt

andrewchenblog.com

Coupled with A/B testing, customer development, and thinking through business problems in a scientific, hypothesis-driven way, you end up with a powerful cocktail of techniques to build a modern startup in the most iterative way possible. Portals that want to unify news, communication, tools, etc. what a coincidence. See [link].