Remove Audience Remove Community Remove Social Bookmarking Remove Social Network
article thumbnail

Blogging Nostalgia and my 30 day Challenge

VC Cafe

Part of the magic, was building an audience. It was a social network for the blogger community (later acquired by Yahoo in 2007), which when installed, showed where your visitors come from, what they read and where they go. Social bookmarking’ was a thing, and you wanted to get your links saved to Del.icio.us.

article thumbnail

VCs eating our own dog food: Using technology and analytics to make better investments

David Teten

To learn more about this space, I suggest join an online community I co-founded, PEVCTech. . I use Hootsuite to coordinate my social media activity, which consists of Teten.com, PEVCTech.com , Linkedin , AngelList , and (passively) Twitter and Facebook. I use Diigo , a social bookmarking tool, to keep a record of useful websites.

article thumbnail

18 Cognitive Biases You Can Use for Conversion Optimization

ConversionXL

Fortunately, the first step to answering that question for your audience is becoming aware of those subjective (and contextual) factors. social sharing buttons, offer content for a tweet vs. an email, submitting content to social bookmarking sites, etc.). That’s why creating scarcity and social proof are so effective.