Remove Cofounder Remove Community Remove Global Remove Ukraine
article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Reveal Their Favorite Business or Entrepreneur Turnaround Story

Hearpreneur

Airbnb founders Brian Chesky and Joe Gebbia had difficulty securing funding, so they launched a mini project to build some funds and catch investors' attention. Using this capital , the founders launched and enjoyed exponential growth in their first year, with 10K users and thousands of listings. Photo Credit: Jack Underwood.

article thumbnail

21 Entrepreneurs Share How They’re Incorporating Corporate Service Responsibility (CSR) In Their Businesses

Hearpreneur

To start a CSR project, you can identify needs in your community and develop a project around that need. Our commitment to CSR goes beyond our walls and extends to our community by sponsoring several charitable initiatives. We reach out to the community to support local causes and initiatives, and to give back to those in need. #10-

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

International tour about to begin

Startup Lessons Learned

Exact dates for all events arent yet pinned down, but heres what Im working on so far: October 28 for a TBA event in Paris, November 2-7 for a series of events in Malmo, Sweden including Øredev , and ending with a workshop at the Martti Ahtisaari Institute of Global Business and Economics at the University of Oulu.

article thumbnail

TEDx Bay Area Women, quick fire talks

Sophia Perl of Wisdom

Founder of JackCards.com. CEO of a software development outsourcing firm (Ukraine). I met 2-4 women whom I’ve met at other SV events. Some folks whom I met: Debra Bowen, Secretary of State of California. President of The Tech Museum. Senior (Health) Benefits Consultant. Business development consultant. Check out the tweets here.

article thumbnail

TEDx Bay Area Women, quick fire talks

Sophia Perl of Wisdom

Founder of JackCards.com. CEO of a software development outsourcing firm (Ukraine). I met 2-4 women whom I’ve met at other SV events. Some folks whom I met: Debra Bowen, Secretary of State of California. President of The Tech Museum. Senior (Health) Benefits Consultant. Business development consultant. Check out the tweets here.